C.A.T. Inc. is a local trucking company that has been in business for over 45 years and is currently looking for a dynamic candidate to fill the position of:
C.A.T. Inc. is distinguished by its purpose. Passionate about the transportation industry, our mission is to be recognized as innovative experts on a team that everyone is proud to be a part of. As the first company in North America to use compressed natural gas (CNG) for long-haul transportation, C.A.T. is a leader in social responsibility. Founded in 1978, the company has added new services such as logistics and warehousing over the years.
Our culture sets us apart. As a family business, we care about our employees and offer a positive work environment that allows for professional growth.
- Finds qualified carriers for each load in a timely manner
- Analyzes data to offer rates to carriers that are profitable
- Communicates effectively with team members
- Negotiates and communicates rates with carriers and team members
- Utilizes load boards in an effective and timely manner
- Develops and maintains a comprehensive database of qualified and highly rated carriers
- Assists the sales team in the bid process by sharing information from the carrier side of the business
- Utilizes TMS (Mercury Gate) in an efficient manner
- Provide after-hours support when scheduled (rotational assignment)
- Create quick and accurate quotes and sales proposals for company services
- Collaborate with your team on pricing decisions, supplier selection and timing
- Maintain and update accurate information in Mercury Gate
- Perform any other related duties as required or assigned
- Understand and support the goals, policies, and procedures of C.A.T. Global
- Maintain confidentiality of company information
- Participates in weekly team meetings
- Possess excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong operations background is an asset
- Experience working in a deadline-driven environment preferred
- College degree in business, logistics or transportation-related field and/or Honorable Military Discharge
- 1-5 years of experience with operations and/or project management
Conditions of work:
- Competitive compensation and benefits package.
- Health and wellness program including an on-site gym.
- Work-life balance (hybrid position).
- Group insurance & pension plan that includes company contributions.
- Employee assistance program.
- Positive work environment focused on knowledge-sharing and valuing individual and team successes.